Introibo ad altare Dei
Ad Deum qui laetificat juventutem meam
I will go to unto the alter of God.
To God, Who giveth joy to my youth.
In this technically precise yet easy-to-read book, Msgr. George J. Moorman goes through the Latin Mass and explains its actions and words prayer by prayer. Whether you are a first-timer or a seasoned veteran in attending the Latin Mass, Msgr. Moorman’s thorough explanations of the parts of the Mass make this book an extremely beneficial resource for anyone attending the Latin Mass to garner more fruit from it!
To give you a greater appreciation and respect for the Latin Mass, this book will answer all your burning questions about its unique and traditional features. Some of the topics covered are:
- The relationship of the sacrifice of the Mass to the sacrifice of the Cross
- What is necessary for the celebration of the Mass
- Why Latin is used
- The importance of ceremony
- The preparatory part of the Mass
- The importance of silence in the Mass
- The three principal parts of the Mass
- What is to be done after Mass
Msgr. Moorman’s beautiful explanation of the Latin Mass is inspired by and connected to Pope Benedict XVI’s Motu Proprio, and demonstrates how it ties in beautifully as a visible demonstration of the Church’s dogmas, theology, and traditions.